Saturday, August 15, 2009

Claremont Animation-Fest Pics & Video

Thanks to Chris from the Edge of LA Comic-Con for blowing up the Animation-Fest poster I did. I got to keep this, too. The fest really did exceed my expectations by a mile! Everything (including the weather) went perfect. We all had a really good time showing our films. Animators included: Mike Gray, Raul Aguirre, Scott Essman, Gras Rodiguez and me!

We had a PACKED HOUSE at the Packing House in Claremont. Yes, pun intended. It was literally standing room only. That was a huge surprise. A nice surprise. The later into the show we got, the more people seemed to file in.

The video display system was really clear, but next time, I think were going to use a different sound system. It was loud but grainy. That didn't spoil the movies though. We had a great variety. Everything from slick studio quality all the way to my ghetto D.I.Y. toons. DIVERSITY!

Standing room only...I told you!

We did a Q & A session after the films played. From Left to right:
Scott Essman, Jim Lujan, Raul Aguirre, Jr, and Gras Rodriguez


2 comments:

gonzalexx said...

Looks like you all had a great time, Jim!
I wish we had the same level of activity about animation here in San Juan.
Looking forward to your latest animation
Congratulations!
Jose

Jim Lujan said...

Thanks...were trying to make a little scene out here!