Saturday, April 19, 2008

20 Questions



David Hopkins and I started this tradition of each year asking each other 20 random questions. Here is this years:

20 Questions for David Hopkins
1) Are you happy with your middle name...what is it?
Yep. Gregory. I'm named after my uncle. The name means "Watchman,"
which is freakin' cool.
2) Favorite sugared breakfast cereal.
Mellow Matties. It's a generic version of Lucky Charms.
3) Are you an early bird or night owl?
I'm a night owl, but I have to wake up early for work, so I'm kinda
both.
4) Favorite candy bar:
Snickers.
5) Japan or France? Just answer the question.
Dang. That is a difficult question. I'd happily visit Japan, but I would
live in France. Also, I'm a much bigger fan of French comics over manga.
6) Do you believe in ghosts?
I would like to say that I don't, but I kinda do.
7) Make up a name for a sitcom:
Doing It Right.
8) Song that makes you cry:
"Daughter" by Loudon Wainwright
9) Who is your favorite old guy?
Will Eisner. He's no longer with us, but I met him when he was old.
10) What was the very first comic you ever made?
In junior high, my friend Wim and I worked on a comic that was basically
crappy fan fiction. We made our own sequel to a graphic novel by Jim
Starlin and Jackson Guice called "X-Factor Special:
Prisoner of Love." It was pretty cheesy. We took turns drawing each
page.
11) Ever have a a ponytail?
Nope, but I had a mullet once.
12) Ever walk out of a movie you paid for?
There are some movies I've rented, which I couldn't finish. My Super
Ex-Girlfriend. However, I've never walked out of a movie at the theater.
Even though, I've been tempted. For the most part, I skip the movies
that look like they are going to suck.
13) If you were having coffee with Prince, what would you ask him?
I could care less about Prince. Never really listened to his music.
Maybe I'd ask him when he plans to retire.
14) Your latest obsession:
Battlestar Galactica. I'm watching season three on DVD.
15) Is there anything redneck about you?
Not really. I'm sort of the antithesis of a redneck. I live in Texas,
proud to be a Texan, but I never understood the humor behind Blue Collar
Comedy. Also, I once referred to it as a "NASCAR game." I think that
disqualifies me from redneck status.
16) What does it take to make you dance?
Music. That's all. I'm always looking for an excuse to dance.
17) Favorite bookstore:
Too many to choose. Half-Price Books in Dallas.
18) Sexiest body part on a woman:
The personality. It's not a body part, but anyone can look sexy with the
right attitude and a bit of confidence. I'm a sucker for the bookish
indie girl -- a hoodie, some Converse, and a geek-out obsession with
music, movies, and books, I'm done for.
19) How was your attendance in high school?
Decent. I would only miss one or two days a year.
20) Last time you yelled at a stranger:
Last year, in St. Louis, a car nearly ran me over while I was crossing
the street. I started yelling at the driver. My friends were rather
embarrassed. "Uh, David, we don't do that here..."

20 Questions for Jim Lujan
1) If you could "fight the power," who would you bring down?
I would bring down FM radio. I would reprogram it with a variety of music and talk that you don’t hear now. Right now its terrible…all the same stuff.
2) Your favorite curse word:
I’m gonna go with “pussy”. I cannot say that without smiling.
3) Worst meal you've ever had:
Western Bacon Cheeseburger in 1982. I threw up because of the stomach flu. Yum.
4) Can you change a tire? If so, proof?
I can and the proof is on my car right now.
5) Have you ever been in a fight?
I’m a peaceful guy. Haven’t been in a real fight since grade school.
6) Pitch an idea for a made-for-television movie.
Old men bounty hunters…the odd couple meets Dog.
7) Your favorite cartoon as a child:
UnderDog.
8) What movie makes you cry?
The ending of the Shawshank Redemption….and the Lion King father’s death scene.
9) What was the first cartoon you ever made?
Mayhem News (1996)
10) Worst hair cut:
Anytime I get it cut too short on the sides. My head looks like a friggin’ handball court…totally Frankenstein.
11) If you could ask John Waters one question, what would it be?
I’d ask him what he is embarrassed to admit he likes in pop culture.
12) Fame or money? You must choose.
Fame…because fame gets you perks.
13) Favorite Beatle:
Paul.
14) Who's the baddest bad ass celebrity (living or dead)?
Mohammed Ali
15) If you had $1000, where would you spend it?
I’d print up Jim Lujan Cartoon DVDs for sale and make my money back tenfold.
16) How much time do you spend drawing every day?
5 mins- hour. I skip days a lot. I need to draw more.
17) Most important political issue for you:
Quality affordable healthcare.
18) Worst year in public school:
Senior year. Most of my friends dropped out. Yes, I hung with some losers, for the most part.
19) Where will Jim be in five years?
Working on art FULL TIME.
20) How far is too far?
Picking on the defenseless. Now that’s just lame.

No comments: