Sunday, April 11, 2010

Everyday People Art Show Pics!


Saturday night, Whittier, CA- My "Everyday People" art show was a huge success. I was blown away. So many people were out of town this weekend, I was a little worried the turnout might be light. Not the case, it was packed! Thank you to all my family and friends for showing up. You really made the night memorable. It was surreal watching so many family members mingle with my friends and strangers. It was quite the gala, let me tell you. Did I mention I sold 8 paintings? Well, there...I just did! Wooo Hoo!

My first customer of the night, (the real) George Lopez! He bought my "Star Wars 1977 Movie Line" poster. GL has the same initials as the other GL, George Lucas. They both love Star Wars about the same level. Thanks George for supporting!

Sherri, Keaton, and Ben Davis. Ben was the first producer that screened my stuff at a festival. He flew me out to Texas in the late 90s to play at CONDUITFEST. Sherri is a drum major and rhythm master. Their boy, Keaton, has got the rhythm in hi. You should see that boy dance!

Here is an example of one of my acrylic paintings, "The Barrage".

"Dark Andy"
"Old School"
Whittier's own Cousin Art Martinez, lead singer of the band "The Wounded Party". I surprised him that night with a painting of the same name. Check out the Wounded Party on Facebook.

My brother Bob marvels at the Alphanerd painting "Defender of the Night". Bob was the one that first inspired me to draw. He introduced me to MAD Magazine, too. Now the apprentice has become the master, Kenobi. That sounds so cheesy. I'm sorry.

Fellow Cartoonistas Javier Hernandez, Raul Aguirre, JR, and John Narcomey all plot against me. Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me. :)

Sal, owner of GEEKS. Thanks again for being such a great supporter. Great guy, great shop. We've hosted Cartoonista event, animation shows, art shows, seminars, and more at his shop. If you are interested, my artwork will be up until April 25th at GEEKS(and for sale).

GEEKS
6747 Greenleaf Ave Suite A , Whittier CA 90601 US
562 696 9393

Thanks once again to everyone came by and thanks to everyone who bought my art! I will keep doing this Everyday, People!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jim, Is is possible to buy a painitngh over the net? I like that alpha nerd one. Thanks.

Jim Lujan said...

I'm going to swing by GEEKS tonight to see if it has sold or not yet. Update real soon. The price is $40 (plus shipping). I'd also have to check to see if my Paypal stuff is still active.

Unknown said...

Cool. I am in if you snag it. I would love to own a genuine JL in my studio. My film has completed. If you want to watch it online I have set it up. 24 minutes of superhero foolery. http://animationace.com/images/bteamflash/bteam/index.html

Jim Lujan said...

UPDATE: I talked to Sal (the owner of Geeks Comic Shop)at Geeks today. Since its only fair, he's hosting the show for me all month. I'm going to let him handle the sale of this painting. Contact him directly at:

562 696 9393
GEEKS
6747 Greenleaf Ave Suite A , Whittier CA 90601 US

Thanks!